Acceptable Use Policy
All defined terms used in this Acceptable Use Policy will have the meanings set forth in the Flex U. Terms of Service Agreement (“TOS”).
At Flex U., the most important thing to us is helping knowledge entrepreneurs build and grow their businesses. Our Product is used by people in over one hundred countries, each having diverse cultures and sharing content in dozens of languages. We want our customers to feel empowered to communicate and to share their knowledge, and we take seriously our role in keeping abuse off of our Product. That’s why we’ve developed this Acceptable Use Policy to outline what is and is not allowed on Flex U..
The goal of Flex U. has always been to create a place where our customers can share their knowledge and grow their businesses. This may mean that our customers want to share diverse views, experiences, ideas, and information. We believe that our customers should be able to talk openly about the issues that matter to them, even if some may disagree or find them objectionable or offensive.
We are committed to our customers’ rights to express themselves, but we recognize the internet creates new and increased opportunities for abuse. For these reasons, when we limit expression, we do it in service of one or more of the following values: safety, privacy, and authenticity.
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to everyone, all around the world, and to all types of content. They’re designed to be comprehensive – for example, content that might not be considered hateful may still be removed for violating a different policy. The consequences for violating our Acceptable Use Policy, the TOS, or our other policies vary depending on the severity of the violation and the person's history on the platform. For instance, we may warn someone for a first violation, but if they continue to violate our policies, we may restrict their use of our Product or terminate their account. We also may notify law enforcement when we believe there is a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to public safety.
Our Acceptable Use Policy is a guide for what is and isn’t allowed on our Product. It is in this spirit that we ask our customers to follow these guidelines.
You must use the Product in compliance with, and only as permitted by, applicable law. The use of our Product in conjunction with other tools or resources in furtherance of any of the unacceptable uses we describe is also prohibited.
You are responsible for your conduct, Content, and communications with others while using the Product. You must comply with the following requirements when using the Product. If we become aware of any conduct or Content that falls outside the bounds of what is acceptable under this policy, we will take all appropriate action, including removing it and reporting it, as well as suspending or terminating your account. We also take steps to prevent uses of our Product that are contrary to the spirit of this policy.
- Unless authorized by Flex U. in writing, you may not probe, scan, or test the vulnerability or security of the Product or any Flex U. system or network.
- Unless authorized by Flex U. in writing, you may not use any manual or automated system or software to extract or scrape data from websites or other interfaces through which we make our Product available.
- You may not use the Product to commit an unlawful activity; or use the Product for activities where use or failure of the Product could lead to physical damage, death, mental harm, or personal injury.
- You may not purchase, use, or access the Product for the purpose of building a product or service that is competitive to Flex U. or for any other competitive purposes.
- You may not misuse our Product by interfering with its normal operation or attempting to access it using a method other than through the interfaces and instructions that we provide.
- You may not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any limitations that Flex U. imposes on your account (such as by opening up a new account to create or distribute Content that we have closed for a violation of our terms or policies).
- You may not deny others access to, or reverse engineer, the Product, or assist anyone else to do so, to the extent such restriction is permitted by law.
- You may not store or transmit any viruses, malware, or other types of malicious software, or links to such software, through the Product.
- You may not use the Product to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
- Unless authorized by Flex U. in writing, you may not resell or lease the Product.
- If your use of the Product requires you to comply with industry-specific regulations applicable to such use, you will be solely responsible for such compliance, unless Flex U. has agreed with you in writing otherwise. You may not use the Product in a way that would subject Flex U. to those industry-specific regulations without obtaining Flex U. prior written agreement.
- You may not post or upload any Content that contains personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent. You may not use the Product to collect, store, or process any protected health information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), any applicable health privacy regulation, or any other applicable law governing the processing, use, or disclosure of health information.
- You may not register accounts by “bots” or other automated methods.
- We may offer content such as images or video that are provided by third parties. You may use that material solely in your content. Flex U. may modify or revoke that permission at any time at our sole discretion. In using such material, you may not imply that your content is affiliated with or run or endorsed by any company, product, brand, or service depicted in that material unless you have obtained their permission.
- You may not engage in abusive or excessive usage of the Product, which is usage significantly in excess of average usage patterns that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, stability, availability, or functionality of the Product for other users. Flex U. will endeavor to notify you of any abusive or excessive usage to provide you with an opportunity to reduce such usage to a level acceptable to Flex U..
- To the extent that you use the Product to record or monitor calls or other communications, failing to comply with all applicable laws related thereto, including securing any required prior consents.
Phishing and Security
We strive to protect the security of all our users. We take specific measures to ensure recipients are not misled by content used for fraudulent or malicious purposes. We will suspend any use of the Product that come to our attention that:
- attempts to collect social security numbers, credit card numbers (other than solely for collecting payment through an authorized payment processor as permitted by the Product), passwords, or other similar types of sensitive information;
- publishes a person’s sensitive identifying information against their wishes;
- is intended to deceive or mislead recipients, including by linking to websites with malicious software such as malware; or
- knowingly and artificially boosts or inflates a website or webpage’s search engine ranking.
Privacy and Impersonation
- We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices when you use the Product and, if you do, we require you to act in accordance with those practices.
- You may not claim that any use of our Product is anonymous when it is not.
- You may not impersonate others when using the Product or collecting information.
We don’t like username extortionists. If you purchase a Flex U. product account in someone else’s name and then try to sell that account to them, you are cybersquatting. Cybersquatting accounts are subject to immediate cancelation.
We treat our users’ names, email addresses, mobile numbers, and other personally identifiable information with respect and expect our users who collect such information to do the same. You must abide by all provisions of our Anti-Spam Policy.
Misinformation and Disinformation
We remove content deemed to be misinformation or disinformation and may report information related to that content to law enforcement authorities if we become aware of, or believe that, a genuine risk of harm or threat to public safety exists. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Using our Product to directly or indirectly spread medical misinformation that contradicts governmental health authorities’ medical information or guidance. Medical and scientific claims must be true and supported by documented evidence.
- Using fabricated or manipulated content that may cause harm to public safety and that would likely mislead the average person to believe that the content is authentic.
Violence and Hate Speech
We remove content and may report information related to that content to law enforcement authorities if we become aware of, or believe that, a genuine risk of harm or threat to public safety and health exists.
- Our Product may not be used to directly or indirectly threaten or attack others, or to organize or incite violence, harassment, or property damage.
- Our Product may not be used for hate speech, or to promote, condone, or fund such acts. Examples of hate speech include attacking or advocating for the abuse or exclusion of people based on their ethnicity, national origin, political or religious affiliations, gender, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, disability, medical or physical condition, veteran status, or any other protected classes under applicable law. You may not use our Product to promote or support organizations, platforms, or people that promote or condone such hate or threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Our Product may not be used to promote or glorify self-harm.
Flex U. is committed to inclusion. We are an equal opportunity organization and will not allow discrimination based upon race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, size, disability, military status, socioeconomic background, or any other status prohibited by applicable law.
If you use our Product, you must be willing and able to attest that you do not discriminate on any of the above grounds in order to receive services from us. External evidence, such as negative publicity or social media, that reveals such discrimination, hate speech, or disrespectful or bullying behavior, as determined by us in our sole discretion, may be taken into consideration. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Content, that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene the laws of the jurisdiction in which you operate or do business.
You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Content, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Content that exploit or abuse children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse or sexual abuse, or that present children in a sexual manner, or asking for personally identifiable information.
Pornography and Offensive Graphic Material
You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Content that is defamatory, obscene, indecent, offensive, abusive, or otherwise objectionable. You may not include pornographic or gratuitously graphic violent material.
Fraud and Deception
You may not use our Product that purposefully deceives, willfully represents, or otherwise defrauds or exploits others for money or property. This includes any Content that provides instruction on, engagnes in, or coordinates, encourages, or promotes such activities.
Intellectual Property Infringement
We require that all our users respect the intellectual property rights of others. You must have the appropriate rights to any Content you use or include through the use of our Product.
We may, at any time and without notice, remove any Content and suspend or terminate your account or access to our Product if you engage in any of the activities that violate this Policy, including activities outside of your use of the Product.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any Content and your use of the Product at any time for compliance with this Policy and the TOS or any other agreement between you and Flex U. governing your use of the Product. Our determination of whether a violation of any of these terms has occurred will be final and binding and any action taken with respect to enforcing this policy or any other terms, including taking now action at all, will be at our sole discretion.
Flex U. may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version at https://flexu.io/pages/policies/aup. By continuing to use the Product or access your account after a revised version of this Policy has been posted, you agree to comply with the latest version.
If you identify content that you believe is in violation of this policy, you may file an abuse report at c[email protected]. Please include the URL of the website at issue.